EVA Analysis

Questions/Discussions

Sort by Date ▼ / Top Rated

Register for free or log in at the top right of this page to join the discussion
measuring capital charge
Hi from the course, I see that you are using total capital to calculate capital charge. I was reading up on Damodaran's explanation on this as well and don't understand that, can you elaborate? "In cases where firms alter their capital invested through their operating decisions (for example, by usin... Read More
Negative EVA
Hi I revised the calculation on EVA using Rirchard S's method as per the prior thread below, however this yields negative EVA through the projection years hence TV as % of TEV is >100%, I guess this renders EVA useless in valuing the company right? Which also means from EVA perspective, it is re... Read More
Capital charge under EVA
Hi, I think the capital charge is supposed to be calculated using the prior year's ending total capital. So, 2006's capital charge should be 11% of 2005's total capital or $87,949, or $9,674; 2007's should be $10,956, and so on. This is using the figures from the core model not from the video. Is th... Read More
Enhancements to the core model- Part II EVA analysis
Hi, I am watching the video - EVA analysis. The total capital (debt + equity) figures that you provided in the downloaded template are different from the figures that are showing in your template on the video. Thus, I have a different valuation base on the downloaded template. For 2006, the figure ... Read More
Show All 1 Replies Login to Reply
added 10 years ago