COST Inputs

Questions/Discussions

Sort by Date ▼ / Top Rated

Register for free or log in at the top right of this page to join the discussion
Question on adjustment of pre opening expense on diluted normalized EPS
Cell F87 of diluted normalized EPS $0.94 is after adjusting for pre-opening expense of $15,999. Since this not a one-off item and it was added back on the pre tax adjustment in cell F78, then the normalized diluted EPS is not $0.94 right? It should be: $0.94 + 15.999*0.6/491.717 = $0.95 (using dilu... Read More
Adjusting Diluted shares for convertible bonds
This topic requires clarification and an exercise
Complex Trading: Diluted s/out for preferred/convertibles?
Hi,

Will there be an explanation regarding getting diluted s/out when there are options, preferreds, and convertibles? How should we calculate these - is there a shortcut formula like the treasury option method? How are warrants related?
Show All 3 Replies Login to Reply
added 10 years ago
Complex Trading Comps Analysis: COST Inputs
Hi, (1). Sorry, but I still don’t see logic and consistence in the converts explanation. We are analyzing the convertibility of the security as of TODAY, and in my view, and as also expressed in a previous post here, as of TODAY, it is in-the-money, and as such, should assume conversion (as the... Read More
added 10 years ago
Interest expense on Converts
If we did not adjust for the dilutive effect of convertible notes, shouldn't we had to adjust the numerator of the diluted EPS since this is calculated assuming the notes were converted and as such the interest expense on converts was added back to NI (as per p.25 on COSTCO's 10Q)? I appreciate y... Read More
Show All 1 Replies Login to Reply
added 10 years ago
Accounting changes
Hi there,

What is the decision rule to adjust financials for changes in accounting policies? Because for some companies we adjusted (like COSTCO) but for others we didn't. So, when do we have to adjust and when not?

Thanks for your help.
Show All 1 Replies Login to Reply
added 10 years ago
Complex Trading Comps Analysis: Convertibles of COSTCO
Why we are not considering the $22 conversion price? I might be confused about the characteristics of convertible bond. Just to make it clear: Isn't it the case that the holder of the convertible bond/note, in case of conversion gives up his/her claim on the face value in exchange of the ... Read More
added 10 years ago