Complex, Super-Advanced Merger Modeling

Last 10 posts

Super-Advanced Merger Modeling - IS
I just finished the "Super-Advanced Merger Modeling IS" module. I have two questions: (1) Line 28, Amortization of Transaction Debt Financing Fees => Since "Transaction Debt Financing Fees" is a financing decision = It does not affect EBITDA => Therefore, it should not be included in the EBITDA... Read More
Go to post added 7 years ago
Super-advanced merger modeling
Hi there, Could you please explain me in more detail what is the rationale behind those percentages on cells F42:F44 used to allocate the purchase price in the Super-advanced merger modeling? (2). To be more specific, why is it a percentage of Equity and not a percentage of the purchase price??? (... Read More
Go to post added 10 years ago
Merger modeling - Purchase price allocation
Hi there, a couple of doubts here: 1. In the purchase price allocation, why do we allocate the excess (Purchase price of equity – Tangible Book value) without the transaction costs? Any specific rule here? 2. In the same purchase price allocation, shouldn’t we have to add a line in that purcha... Read More
Pref stock included in debt for target M&A?
Hello, I was wondering why on the merger summary type of the advanced financial model, particularly cell F20 where we are calculating the total existing debt for the target company, why is that we are adding preferred stock? Is this b/c preferred stock is a hybrid of debt and equity? Can someone ... Read More
Merger modeling - Merger IS
In relation to some concepts in the 'MERGER IS' tab, I have some questions that you guys may be able to help me with: 1. From line 25 to 28 in the ‘MERGER IS’ tab, could we have used the MIN formula to amortize those items? Only because we cannot amortize more than what we have as beginning bal... Read More
Merger modeling - Merger BS
Hi, On the ‘MERGER BS’, cell G17, why are we reducing the target’s existing “Intangible Assets” balance (in the pro forma adj. column) if the calculation that we have in the ‘MERGER Summary’ for Intangibles is not a post-transaction Intangibles (opposed to GW, that is a post-transactio... Read More
MERGER Debt Sweep
Hi, Shouldn't we have set up line 19 of the MERGER Debt Sweep (from the Complex Merger modeling course) to only pre pay term loan after we have paid all our existing mandatory repayments PLUS our Revolver as well, in order to make sure that only if we have EXCESS cash left (after revolver!) then we ... Read More
M&A Debt Sweep CF Recapture Feature
Hello, I was just wondering what the rationale behind the CF Recapture feature (switch) is on the Debt Sweep for the advanced M&A model. What is the rationale? How does it work and its practicality? Thank you.