Deal Comps Analysis (Precedent Transactions)

Last 10 posts

Color Coding
I am confused about the color coding. Some cells with a formula that only uses inputs from the filings and do not reference other cells get coded black while other times they are coded blue. How should I think about this in terms of the certification exam?
Go to post added 7 years ago
Color Coding
I am confused about the color coding. In the videos some formulas that do not cell reference such as (=22-40) show up black but other times similar formulas that involve inputs from the filings and do not reference cells are blue. How should I think about this if I am doing the certification exam?
Go to post added 7 years ago
Color Coding
I am slightly confused about the color coding: in the Dealcomps sheet, when entering a hardcoded formula (for example, cash for May Dept. Stores was "-22-40"), we use the color black; however, in the Complex Trading Comps worksheet, when entering a hardcoded formula (for example, debt for Walmart wa... Read More
Go to post added 9 years ago
Marshall's Cash
Could you explain to me why we do not subtract Marshall Field's cash ($25 million) to get enterprise value?
Mervyn enterprise value
If we are trying to determine Mervyn's value on the same terms as other retailers, why would we net out A/R when we did not do that for any other deal or trade comp? If Mervyn is valued after the sale of receivables to GE Capital, then the $1,650 million equity value is inappropriate because it is t... Read More
additional adjustments
On page 8 of the 10k there was a one time $42 million lease expense adjustment to synchronize accounting assumptions. On page 10 there was an $18 million tax provision reduction resulting from the resolution of various federal and state income tax issues. What is the reason for not including these t... Read More
deal comps: calc/finding out EV v Eq Value, & liabilities
A bunch of questions on deal comps: How could one find out if liabilities are assumed in a deal (info many times is ambiguous in filings/press releases)? Also would this be shown in a certain place in the public proforma financial statements in a filing (eg 8ks), if it involved a public party... Read More
Go to post added 10 years ago