Quick & Dirty Basic LBO Model

Last 10 posts

Cost of Equity and Debt
How does the cost of equity of the target affect an LBO or investment decision? This is a private company and I know that publicly traded entities with the same risk characteristics have a cost of equity of 8.5%. I am wondering if it affects anything other than the initial standalone valuation used ... Read More
Go to post added 10 years ago
Quick & Dirty Basic LBO Model: Modeling Private Cos
In the Core Merger Modelling Topics module, the models you build concern public listed companies either as acquirors or as targets. What are the effects on a model when the target is a private (not listed company) or a Business Unit that a corporation wants to dispose. For example let's as... Read More
Quick & Dirty Basic LBO: transaction enterprise value
Hi. when you are calculating the transaction enterprise value,you use the sum of the equity acquisition and the existing net debt refinanced to arrive at the transaction enterprise value. But the $750 maintained on books has the significant effect on the amount of the existing net debt refinanced... Read More
Quick & Dirty Basic LBO Model: text book
hi guys, do u know any good text books on leveraged buyouts? detailed process, valuation, etc... appreciate it ayman
Quick & Dirty Basic LBO Model: About the LBO model
Hi there, In relation to this class, I have a couple of doubts that you may be able to help me with: (1). If we had dividends during the investment period, would we include them when calculating the Multiple of Capital (in that case being [Dividends + Exit Equity Value] / [Equity Injected] )? ... Read More
about LBO
Hi, I know that this is not the forum for this question, but as my access to the Q&D LBO model course expired I cannot access that forum anymore, so I'm posting here. I was wondering if you can just shed me a light on how to adjust the S&U in an LBO model when not acquiring 100% of the ta... Read More
Quick & Dirty LBO
I have just done the online Quick & Dirty LBO and have some questions versus the Quick & Dirty we did with Hamiliton in class in September: - Shareholders equity: should be the equity we pay less transaction costs per online version. We did not do this in class but rather took the equity pa... Read More
IRR decline
In the quick and dirty LBO, the IRRs begin to decline after a certain point…. The instructors explaination is “ you growth rates, your capital, your revenue must continue growing at the same rate as your IRR for the IRR to continue to grow”… Does this mean your Revenue must grow at 22.5% ann... Read More
LBO - Quick & Dirty - for a early stage investment
I was hoping to clarify the use of the LBO model for a project. My inputs into the model would be as followed: 1. Transaction Enterprise value would be the the Max Debt (Ending Balance under the debt sweep) of the project, which in our case occurs in year 2 2. New Equity is a plug, and up to us to ... Read More
LBO "Super Complex Course"
Hi, I purchased the quick and dirty LBO course, but am thinking about taking the complex course. Is it possible to upgrade, by paying $500 to get all the courses? I've already paid $250 for the quick and Dirty course. Thank you Greg