Accounting & Financial Statements Bootcamp

Last 10 posts

Quiz and Exam locations??
Hello, where are the quizzes that he referenced to?
Go to post added 2 years ago
Zero coupon bond vs. non-interest bearing debt
on Liabilities Exercise on pg311. In the video, the instructor refers to effective method to calculate the expense and record the entry. Why don't we go with the non-interest bearing debt analysis? Since it is a zero-coupon bond, shouldn't it be considered a non-interesting bearing bond? The differe... Read More
Go to post added 3 years ago
Tax effects on cash flow
On pg.263, Exercise 1, the answer is the cash flow will not be influenced by the deferral cost. But shouldn't the effect on taxes be considered? So that a higher pre-tax income leads higher tax payments and then a lower cash flow. Looking forward to your reply!
Net Sales Consideration
At approximately 24:00 and afterward, Profit Margin was calculated as (1,265 / 12,065) on slide 249. (Which could also be written out as Net Sales / Net Income). Since we are only looking at core operations and removing Other Income in the denominator, wouldn't it be more correct to remove the effec... Read More
Test post
Hello, this is just a test post.
Go to post added 4 years ago
shareholder loan
Hi can you shed light in which case is shareholder reported as debt vs equity (capital contribution) on the balance sheet in GAAP and IFRS? From what I understand it's classified as debt at least under IFRS. I am not as familiar with GAAP. In reference to points 1 and 2 below. 1. https://www.... Read More
Go to post added 6 years ago
Converting from one inventory accounting method into another to compare apple to apple
Hi! Dean Choi mentioned that given different companies use different inventory accounting methods (LIFO, FIFO, average), it is more accurate to convert all the items of the companies you are looking at to calculate a ratio into the same accounting method e.g. calculating inventory turnover ratio for... Read More
Impact of gain from sale of asset on financial statements
This is a follow up question from the prior question below on sale of asset. I was not able to reply to that thread so I am starting a new question instead. Question was: I am looking at the Morgan Supplies Company example and wondering how you would know to expense the 28? 2. if you purchased a mac... Read More
Carrying value
Hi, in the example problem part 2, you say that the carrying value on April 1st is 10,075,000 and therefore the gain is $3,000. How did you get 10,075,000. From my understanding, the carrying value is the face value-amortization of discount, so I am unsure how to get the carrying value in this examp... Read More
Go to post added 7 years ago
Slide 257
On slide 257 the professor says that 8% of 300,000 is 12,000, which is why it is on the balance sheet. I believe that 8% of 300,000 is 24,000.
Go to post added 7 years ago