IS (Accounting Bootcamp)

Questions/Discussions

Sort by Date ▼ / Top Rated

Register for free or log in at the top right of this page to join the discussion
Impact of gain from sale of asset on financial statements
This is a follow up question from the prior question below on sale of asset. I was not able to reply to that thread so I am starting a new question instead. Question was: I am looking at the Morgan Supplies Company example and wondering how you would know to expense the 28? 2. if you purchased a mac... Read More
Prepaid Rent & Selling of Assets
1. Could you explain how prepaid expenses are accounted for and the impact on the financial statements? I am looking at the Morgan Supplies Company example and wondering how you would know to expense the 28? 2. if you purchased a machine for $34,000 in cash during 2013 and after depreciation t... Read More
Capitalizing vs Expensing Interest
I am working through the accounting boot camp and have a question regarding the effect on cash flow when interest is capitalized versus expensed. I understand in theory that cash flow is supposedly unchanged in either scenario and that the difference is merely the allocation of the interest (if cap... Read More
Show All 5 Replies Login to Reply
added 10 years ago